Saturday, July 17, 2010

First Glacier Bay!

Wednesday, July 14 we did a cruise by Glacier Bay.


We saw 4 main glaciers at the shore, but according to wikipedia there are 16 in total in the area. They are all very old!


It was rainy and cloudy for the first bit, and I had to shoot people on the decks with the glacier in the background. It was soooo cold and hard to get people to pose in the rain.


It was very beautiful. I saw two calvings - the epic moment when chunks of ice fall off the glacier and crash into the water to become icebergs.  The glaciers are so huge, its hard to really fathom from the distance we are away on the ship.




Today is the last day of my first cruise. We are porting in Victoria at 7pm and I will be able to get off and set my feet on firm ground for the first time in a week!


Next week I will be able to get off in Alaskan ports too, lots more pictures to come...


LOVE




No comments:

Post a Comment